- Uppada silk sarees from AndhraPradesh, India are hand crafted, light weight, comfortably worn at all seasons. Added to the crown are its exquisite and unique designs and spectrum of colours.
|0.5 – 1kg||Soft, silky||translucent|
- Uppada Silk (known as Uppada Pattu) is named after a small beach town of Uppada in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, India. They are made from the age old Jamdani method.
Making of Uppada silk
- These are hand woven sarees, with lot of zari work and are defined by the length and breadth count of threads.
- Uppada Silk sarees are held in great esteem the world over and are seen as one of the foremost contributors to India’s textile chronicles. They have a place of their own in almost all silk exhibitions.
- Undoubtedly a perfect Attire for occasions of weddings, festivals and formal gatherings!!
- The recommendation for Uppada Silk sarees is that for the first time, only dry cleaning should be done. The second time onwards, a mild detergent can be used. They should never be dried under direct sunlight.